Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shrooms!


I always forget how delicious mushrooms are, mostly because I don't eat them very often. This recipe for pasta with mushroom ragu falls under the "unoriginal" category, but it's so good it deserves a Mary stamp of approval so to speak. I spotted it in an edition of La Cucina Italiana I borrowed from Jacob's mom on my last visit.



It calls for a mix of several mushrooms and it just so happened that when I went to go buy the groceries, Whole Foods was promoting all kinds of mushrooms. They were on display front and center in the produce section and had descriptions of the flavor of each kind. I chose oyster, porcini, and black foot mushrooms.


This recipe not only wins in the flavor department, but also for being budget friendly. Mushrooms, especially nice ones, come with a big price tag per pound, but since they're so light you end up paying a fraction of that.

No comments: